Whether you're just starting out, or have been riding for years, we want to welcome you to our store and our bicycle family! As Brantford's destination for all things cycling since 1969, we have the Bikes, Gear, and Service to keep you rolling!
We look forward to meeting you - Let's Roll!
June 3rd, 2020 Update
- We are again at capacity for Repairs! - We will not be taking anymore repairs until we free up some more storage space to allow us to bring more in - We will take this posting down when we are accepting repairs again! Thank You for your understanding!
The Bicycle Shop's Temporary Operating Procedures during Covid-19
Until further notice, The Bicycle Shop will be operating on a Limited Contact Basis. We are not allowing customers into the store to browse or shop at this time. Please understand these requirements are temporary and we will return to our usual situation when we feel we can do so while maintaining the health and safety of our customers and staff.
We realize this will be a stark transition from how we have previously done business, and will take some time to adjust for everyone, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to these changes and protocols.
Please follow these instructions below to allow us to continue to serve you.
Please Call us at 519-752-2414 or EMAIL US!
REPAIRS - Please Follow the Procedure Below for Service
- Arrive at the store with your Bicycle - Please ensure your bicycle is reasonably clean before drop off. - When you Arrive, Park your Bicycle in the Drop Off Zone - Ring the Doorbell and Stand in the Cone Zone (if it is raining wait in your vehicle if possible)
- We will book your Item in for Repair, from a distance - Please Do Not Leave Until a Staff Member has collected your Bike. - If we have concerns during the repair process we will reach you via phone and discuss.
- We will contact you when the item is ready for pickup and to arrange payment - We would prefer payments done Via Credit Card or E-Transfer at the present time, but we are now allowing limited access to the store to for debit payments at time of pickup, and we will accept Cash if necessary (We do ask if you are paying cash, to try and keep it as close to exact change, if possible)
- Pickup Procedures mirror Drop-Off - Ideally phone ahead and we will have your bicycle waiting safely for you - Ring Doorbell and wait in the Cone Zone - We will coordinate payment with you and bring your bicycle out to you and provide your receipt. - Feel free to pre-pay for your bicycle before you arrive via Credit Card over the Phone, or via E-transfer (we do ask if you are sending an E-Transfer to do so about 20-30 minutes before you arrive, so it clears the system before you pickup...and you're not left waiting!)
**While we maintain a diverse inventory of products on hand, some products or suppliers are not shipping as per their usual methods, so there may be delays associated with that. We will keep you posted if needed.
SALES - We are still operating with Curbside Pickup - We are not allowing access to the store for shopping or browsing at the current time.
- If you are interested in purchasing a Bicycle, Parts, Accessories or Clothing - Please reach out during business hours by Email first explaining what you're looking for and we will help you there. Otherwise give us a call at 519-752-2414 - We are receiving a high volume of phone calls, and we may not be able to return your voicemail as quickly as we would like. Consider sending an email instead.
For Bicycle Sales EMAIL is the preferred method of contact.
**For Bicycle Sales - feel free to research bicycle options before you contact us by visiting the PRODUCTS section of our website to consult our Supplier Websites directly for technical specs , sizing and colour options for bicycles we have/can get in-store.
-We will get back to you as quickly as possible with options or ideas to assist in your purchase or to answer any questions you might have. We will help you narrow down your choices and set you up for a test ride if/as needed. We can be more efficient if we are able to narrow your choices to 1 or 2 options before you visit us for a test ride, so we can limit contact points on bikes.
- If you would like to purchase something, we will coordinate payment options and pickup times with you when we confirm that your items are ready. We will contact you when your item(s) is/are ready for pickup otherwise.
- Ring the Bell and stand in the Cone Zone when you arrive and we will bring your item(s) out to you (we may need to Verify ID at time of pickup for some items).
Have a QUESTION or Need ADVICE?
We are 100% committed to offering the same high level of friendly service as usual, it’s as weird for us as it is for you! Please feel free to Call us and Email Us, we are here to help! If you get the answering machine directly when you call it means we’re on the phone helping someone else, consider emailing instead, we are able to return emails more efficiently during business hours than check and return voicemail messages.
We appreciate everyone's understanding and we hope that we can continue to accommodate our customer needs, while also enforcing physical distancing to flatten the curve. We want to keep as many of you cycling in the meantime to keep you mentally and physically fit during this new environment we’re dealing with. We will change this protocol back to our usual programming as soon as it is safe to do so!
Stay healthy and strong, we are all in this together!
Thank you for your continued support, patience and patronage while we manage this strange time!
What's Happening @ The Bicycle Shop?
- Spring is 'almost' here! The BEST way to start your season would be on a well tuned Bike! We're just on the cusp of the Seasonal Rush - Drop your bike off now, and you'll be riding while everyone else is still digging their bicycles out of the shed! Things really get rolling Mid-March - Don't Miss Out!
- Gear Check! - Time to check out your gear! Has you gear has been sitting over the winter? Now is a great time to inspect it and see what might need replacing for this season! Re-stock your seatbag, try on your clothes and make a note of what will get you through the season and what won't. Pay close attention to Helmets! They should be replaced every 5-7 Years (or more frequently if you ride a lot!) We've got lots of new styles in-store to recommend - Drop by and check out our recommendations and see what's new!
- 2020 Products are Here! - We are stocked up on 2020 Product in-store, and more is arriving as the season gets rolling. Pop in to see what's NEW!
- Share your Spring Cycling Photos and Season Goals with us on Instagram