Whether you're just starting out, or have been riding for years, we want to welcome you to our store and our bicycle family! As Brantford's destination for all things cycling since 1969, we have the Bikes, Gear, and Service to keep you rolling!
We look forward to meeting you - Let's Roll!
BICYCLE REPAIR INTAKE STATUS- ACCEPTING REPAIRS
We are accepting repairs at this time!
We are also accepting Warranty Repairs and Flat Tire Changes daily - As space /time allows
Spring 2021 Update
Masks are Mandatory inside all businesses in Brantford - If you are unable to wear a mask for whatever reason, curbside, email, and phone assistance is available, otherwise ring the doorbell and we will assist you from the parking lot. Thank You!
New Bicycles - If you haven't heard, we are still in the midst of a Global Bicycle Shortage, and we along with our suppliers (and most other shops) have run out of many bicycles -While we do have some bicycles in store, many we are anticipating are already sold before they even arrive. If you're interested in getting a bicycle, please reach out via Email and we will let you know if there is availability for the model(s) you are interested in. Unfortunately due to incredibly high demand and circumstances beyond our control, there will not be a lot if any of "open stock" available for browsing for the 2021 bicycle season.
We have TAP! We now have Contactless Payment as an option! - You can now tap your debit or credit card for payment (limit variable depending upon your card etc.)
We do ask that you continue to maintain physical distancing while waiting in the parking lot, and wear a mask.
Continue to sanitize your hands lets help keep Brantford Healthy! :) - Thank You!
The Bicycle Shop's Current Operating Procedures during Covid-19
We are allowing instore shopping with customer limits. In order to keep things working as smoothly as possible, please ring the doorbell when you arrive, do NOT just walk in. We will come out and bring customers into the store as capacity limits and employee availability allows. If you are visiting the store please continue to maintain appropriate distancing outdoors and wear a mask.
REPAIRS - Please Follow the Procedure Below for Service
- Arrive at the store with your Bicycle - Please ensure your bicycle is reasonably clean before drop off. - When you Arrive, Park your Bicycle in the Drop Off Zone - Ring the Doorbell and wait for a staff member to assist you.
- We will book your Item in for Repair, outside, from a distance - Please Do Not Leave Until a Staff Member has collected your Bike. - If we have concerns during the repair process we will reach you via phone and discuss.
- We will contact you when the item is ready for pickup and to arrange payment - Contactless payment is preferred.
- Pickup Procedures mirror Drop-Off - Ideally phone ahead and we will have your bicycle waiting safely for you - Ring Doorbell and wait for someone to assist you - We will coordinate payment with you and bring your bicycle out to you and provide your receipt. - Feel free to pre-pay for your bicycle before you arrive via Credit Card over the Phone, or via E-transfer (we do ask if you are sending an E-Transfer to do so about 20-30 minutes before you arrive, so it clears the system before you pickup...and you're not left waiting!)
**While we maintain a diverse inventory of products on hand, some products or suppliers are not shipping as per their usual methods, so there may be delays associated with that. We will keep you posted if needed.
SALES - We are Operating with Instore Shopping - With Capacity Limits.
- We are allowing customers instore on a limited basis. Please ring the doorbell when you arrive, and we will bring you into the store as capacity limits and employee availability allows, do NOT just walk in. Ring the Doorbell when you arrive and we will help you as soon as we can. Please wear a mask when you arrive to shop.
- There is still a Global Bicycle Shortage that is continuing to affect the 2021 season. While we do have limited bicycles in stock, we are not anticipating having any Open Stock available for the 2021 season, and the bulk of our backorders that are slated for delivery this season are already Pre-Sold. We do have a backorder list started for some bicycles, most new models are now currently backordering into 2022/23. If you would like to get a bike, please reach out to us as soon as possible via Email explaining what you're looking for, including your (or the riders) height, and inseam measurement and we will provide availability, ETAs, and/or get your name on a bicycle we have coming in.
We are still receiving a high volume of phone calls, and we may not be able to return your voicemail as quickly as we would like. Consider sending an email instead if that is the case.
Have a QUESTION or Need ADVICE?
We are 100% committed to offering the same high level of friendly service as usual, it’s as weird for us as it is for you! Please feel free to Call us and Email Us, we are here to help! If you get the answering machine directly when you call it means we’re on the phone helping someone else, consider emailing instead, we are able to return emails more efficiently during business hours than voicemail messages.
We appreciate everyone's understanding and we hope that we can continue to accommodate our customer needs while we weather this pandemic. We want to keep as many of you cycling in the meantime to keep you mentally and physically fit during this new environment we’re dealing with. We will change this protocol back to our usual programming as soon as it is safe to do so!
Stay healthy and strong, we are all in this together!
Thank you for your continued support, patience and patronage while we manage this very strange time!
What's Happening @ The Bicycle Shop?
- Gear Check! - Time to check out your gear! Has you gear has been sitting over the winter? Now is a great time to inspect it and see what might need replacing for this season! Re-stock your seatbag, try on your clothes and make a note of what will get you through the season and what won't. Pay close attention to Helmets! They should be replaced every 5-7 Years (or more frequently if you ride a lot!) We've got lots of new styles in-store to recommend - Drop by and check out our recommendations and see what's new
- Share your Summer Cycling Photos and Season Goals with us on Instagram