Our COVID-19 Strategy
(Updated August 4th 2020)
The Bicycle Shop's Temporary Operating Procedures during Covid-19
Until further notice, The Bicycle Shop will be operating on a Limited Contact Basis. Store access is available for instore browsing now in most cases, but we do ask that you ring the doorbell before entering, and an associate will help you shop. Masks are now Mandatory for all Indoor Spaces in Brantford -if you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, curbside pickup, phone, or email shopping is available, otherwise ring the doorbell and we will assist you from a safe distance outside.
Please understand these requirements are temporary and we will return to our usual situation when we feel we can do so while maintaining the health and safety of our customers and staff.
REPAIRS - Please Follow the Procedure Below for Service
- Arrive at the store with your Bicycle - Please ensure your bicycle is reasonably clean before drop off. - When you Arrive, Park your Bicycle in the Drop Off Zone - Ring the Doorbell and wait for a staff member to assist you.
- We will book your Item in for Repair, from a distance - Please Do Not Leave Until a Staff Member has collected your Bike. - If we have concerns during the repair process we will reach you via phone and discuss.
- We will contact you when the item is ready for pickup and to arrange payment - we are now allowing access to the store to for payments at time of pickup, and we will accept Cash if necessary (We do ask if you are paying cash, to try and keep it as close to exact change, if possible) We also have Contactless Tap Payment available now!
- Pickup Procedures mirror Drop-Off - Ideally phone ahead and we will have your bicycle waiting safely for you - Ring Doorbell and wait for someone to assist you - We will coordinate payment with you and bring your bicycle out to you and provide your receipt. - Feel free to pre-pay for your bicycle before you arrive via Credit Card over the Phone, or via E-transfer (we do ask if you are sending an E-Transfer to do so about 20-30 minutes before you arrive, so it clears the system before you pickup...and you're not left waiting!)
**While we maintain a diverse inventory of products on hand, some products or suppliers are not shipping as per their usual methods, so there may be delays associated with that. We will keep you posted if needed.
SALES - We are allowing access to the store for shopping and payment with an associate at the current time - We do ask that you ring the doorbell before entering.
Masks are now Mandatory for Indoor Spaces in Brantford -if you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, curbside pickup, phone, or email shopping is available, otherwise ring the doorbell and we will assist you from a distance outside.
- There is a Global Shortage of Bicycles right now - We don't have many left to see instore - If you are interested in getting a bicycle - visit us instore to discuss future availability or reach out to us via Email explaining what you're looking for and we will help you there. Otherwise give us a call at 519-752-2414 - We are receiving a high volume of phone calls, and we may not be able to return your voicemail as quickly as we would like. Consider sending an email instead.
-For Email or Phone service, we will get back to you as quickly as possible with options or ideas to assist in your purchase or to answer any questions you might have.
Have a QUESTION or Need ADVICE?
We are 100% committed to offering the same high level of friendly service as usual, it’s as weird for us as it is for you! Please feel free to Call us and Email Us, we are here to help! If you get the answering machine directly when you call it means we’re on the phone helping someone else, consider emailing instead, we are able to return emails more efficiently during business hours than voicemail messages.
We appreciate everyone's understanding and we hope that we can continue to accommodate our customer needs, while also enforcing physical distancing to flatten the curve. We want to keep as many of you cycling in the meantime to keep you mentally and physically fit during this new environment we’re dealing with. We will change this protocol back to our usual programming as soon as it is safe to do so!
Stay healthy and strong, we are all in this together!
Thank you for your continued support, patience and patronage while we manage this strange time!