Our COVID-19 Strategy
(Updated April 5, 2020)
The Bicycle Shop's Temporary Operating Procedures during Government Restrictions due to Covid-19
Until further notice, The Bicycle Shop will be operating on a 100% No Contact Basis. We are unable to allow customers into the store to browse or shop under any circumstance at this time. Please understand these requirements are temporary and we will abide by them until we are allowed to change them in order to maintain the health and safety of our staff and the public.
We also realize this will be a stark transition from how we have previously done business, and will take some time to adjust for everyone, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt to these new changes and protocols.
Please follow these instructions below to allow us to continue to serve you.
Please Call us at 519-752-2414 or EMAIL US!
REPAIRS - Please Follow the Procedure Below for Service
- Arrive at the store with your Bicycle - Please ensure your bicycle is reasonably clean before drop off. - When you Arrive, Park your Bicycle in the Drop Off Zone - Ring the Doorbell and Stand in the Cone Zone (if it is raining wait in your vehicle if possible)
- We will book your Item in for Repair, from a distance - Please Do Not Leave Until a Staff Member has collected your Bike. - If we have concerns during the repair process we will reach you via phone and discuss.
- We will contact you when the item is ready for pickup and to arrange payment - All Payments must be done Over the Phone Via Credit Card or E-Transfer. We are unable to allow in-store payment at this time.
- Pickup Procedures mirror Drop-Off - Ideally phone ahead and we will have your bicycle waiting safely for you - Ring Doorbell and wait in the Cone Zone - We will bring your bicycle out to you and provide your receipt. -Do Not arrive to pickup your bicycle unless it has been paid for.
**While we maintain a diverse inventory of products on hand, some products or suppliers are not shipping as per their usual methods, so there may be delays associated with that. We will keep you posted if needed.
SALES - As Per New Government Regulations, In-Store Visits by Customers are prohibited until further notice.
- This will be our biggest transition relating to Covid-19 - If you are interested in purchasing a Bicycle, Parts, Accessories or Clothing - Please reach out during business hours by Phone 519-752-2414 or Email explaining what you're looking for and we will help you.
For Bicycle Sales EMAIL is the preferred method of contact.
**For Bicycle Sales - feel free to research bicycle options before you contact us by visiting the PRODUCTS section of our website to consult our Supplier Websites directly for technical specs , sizing and colour options for bicycles we have/can get in-store.
-We will get back to you as quickly as possible with options or ideas to assist in your purchase or to answer any questions you might have. Unfortunately we are unable to allow test rides or face-to-face set up or sizing at this time-- we can however help you as best as possible via email or over the phone.
- If you would like to purchase something, payments must be made in advance and will be curbside pickup only. - We will contact you when your item(s) is/are ready for pickup.
- Ring the Bell and stand in the Cone Zone when you arrive and we will bring your item(s) out to you (we may need to Verify ID at time of pickup for some items).
Have a QUESTION or Need ADVICE?
We are 100% committed to offering the same high level of friendly service as usual, it’s as weird for us as it is for you! Please feel free to Call us and Email Us, we are here to help! If you get the answering machine directly when you call it means we’re on the phone helping someone else, please call back, leave a message, or consider emailing instead.
We appreciate everyone's understanding and we hope that we can continue to accommodate our customer needs, while also enforcing social distancing to flatten the curve. We want to keep as many of you cycling in the meantime to keep you mentally and physically fit during this new environment we’re dealing with. We will change this protocol back to our usual programming as soon as it is safe to do so!
Stay healthy and strong, we are all in this together!
Thank you for your continued support, patience and patronage while we manage this strange time!